It’s Wedding Wednesday (I know, I know, almost Thursday 🙂 ) again and I wanted to share a thought I recently had. If I had it to do over, I would choose different gifts for my bridesmaids and groomsmen than what we gave. There is so much available these days (gosh, I sound like I’m 80!). One search on the internet will bring up hundreds of options from personalized jewelry to handbags to t-shirts. And don’t get me wrong…some of these things are cool. Really cool. But yesterday I started thinking about the gifts I have received that meant the most and one kept coming to mind again and again….books.
I imagine selecting a title for each one of my attendants…something special just for them…and inscribing a meaningful message inside.
Here are some fun ideas just to get you started:
- The chef in your life…How about the best selling cookbook of all time? Joy of Cooking 75th Anniversary Edition
- An avid traveller…A Year in the World: Journeys of a Passionate Traveller by Frances Mayes
- Sports fan…Quiet Strength: The Principle, Practices, and Priorities of a Winning Life by Tony Dungy (Josh loved this book…and despite being an English teacher, he’s not a big reader. Shhh. Don’t tell his students.)
- A movie buff….1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die by Stephen Jay Schneider
- The Interior Designer…House Beautiful The Home Book
- An art lover…National Geographic Image Collection by Michelle Anne Delaney, National Geographic, and Maura Mulvhill or Ansel Adams in Color by Ansel Adams, John P Schaefer, Harry M Callahan, Andrea G Stillman, and James L Enyeart
I’m not sure if it’s a good idea….but I hope it helps someone. I’d love to hear what ideas you have or what you gave. Feel free to comment below.